Maurice Sunderland ( MRAIC ARIBA ARCUK )
Paintings are signed as MOSUN with the Year on canvas.
Scale of paintings vary from 4'x'4' up to modules of 4'x6'.
Murals are in range of 4' or 6' x 12' to give viewer feelings of being part of scene.
The Artist is a registered architect in Canada, USA and Europe. In private Architectural/Engineering practice since 1956, and has produced $10B of projects. These include the three largest Mega Malls internationally :-
in addition to major Office Complex Single & Twin Tower in Canada & USA.
- West Edmonton Mall - 5M sf
- Mall of America - 5M sf
- Grand Littoral Mall, France - 1.5M sf
Careers in the Arts commenced on his early years after arrival in Canada. Favorite subjects are as follows:-
- Portraits - Childrens facial & overall personality
- Dance - Expression of motion
- Scenery - Waterfalls, Mountains
- Flowers - Large feel of plantscape
- Impressionism - Contemporary interpretation of themes
- Family - Involvement of family and members in activities
- Periods - Various settings of personalities in history
- Action - Activities with a touch of humour, i.e. - Surfing, Judo, Football, Runners, Perpetual Motion, etc.
The feeling is light hearted, a touch of fantasy, and imparts the fun of life.